Comtech CDM 625
CDM-625A-EN Advanced Satellite Modem
The CDM-625A-EN Advanced Satellite Modem builds on our legacy of providing the most efficient satellite modems for IP-centric applications that require data encryption. With support for VersaFEC® Forward Error Correction (FEC), the revolutionary DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression, additional rolloffs and advanced packet processing, the CDM-625A-EN provides significant savings under all conditions. This combination of advanced technologies enables multi-dimensional optimization, allowing satellite communications users to: • Minimize operating expenses (OPEX) • Maximize throughput without using additional transponder resources • Maximize availability (margin) without using additional transponder resources • Minimize capital expenses (CAPEX) by allowing a smaller BUC/HPA and/or antenna • Or, a combination to meet specific business needs
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- Carrier-in-Carrier Automatic Power Control
- VersaFEC FEC with Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM)
- 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% and 35% Filter Rolloff
- Packet Processor with header compression, payload compression, advanced Quality of Service (QoS) and Managed Switch Mode with VLAN support
- Integrated 4-port managed Ethernet switch with VLAN and QoS
- Jumbo frame support
- AES Data Encryption for IP traffic (Packet Processor)
- Dual Band Capability: 70/140 MHz and extended L-Band (950 – 2250 MHz) in same unit
- Data Rate: 18 kbps to 25 Mbps
- Symbol Rate: 18 ksps to 12.5 Msps
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK/OQPSK, 8PSK/8-QAM, 16-QAM
- FEC: Viterbi, Sequential, Concatenated Reed Solomon, TCM, Turbo Product Code (TPC) (IESS-315 Compliant), LDPC Code and VersaFEC (low-latency LDPC)
- Widest Range of data interfaces: 4-port 10/100Base-T Ethernet, EIA-422/530, V.35, G.703 T1, G.703 E1, G.703 T2, G.703 E2, Quad G.703 E1, ASI, LVDS, HSSI
- IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol
- Sub Mux to multiplex IP/Ethernet traffic with serial or G.703 traffic
- Drop & insert for T1/E1
- Enhanced D&I++ for single T1/E1 & quad E1
- Management: 10/100Base-T Ethernet with SNMP, Distant End SNMP Proxy, HTTP, Telnet and EIA-232/EIA-485
- Carrier ID using MetaCarrier® Technology
- Embedded Distant-end Monitor and Control (EDMAC)
- Automatic Uplink Power Control (AUPC)
- Engineering Service Channel (ESC/ESC++)
- Standard high-stability internal reference (± 6 x 10-8 )
- 5-tap Adaptive Equalizer
- L-Band TX: 10 MHz reference for BUC, FSK communications and optional BUC power supply
- L-Band RX: 10 MHz reference and LNB power supply
- L-Band: Advanced FSK for LPOD M&C
- 1:1 and 1:10 redundancy switches available
- Backwards compatible with CDM-625
More about Comtech Advanced VSAT Platform
Advanced VSAT Solutions is a portfolio of high-performance, satellite-based communication solutions that facilitate premium services for the enterprise – energy, mining, maritime, airline and corporate networks. Representing the next generation in satellite networking equipment, the Advanced VSAT comprises a bundle of products and advanced technologies.
Today, end users require astounding levels of additional throughput to support mission-critical applications. The majority of this increased demand originates in the inbound direction given the valuable multimedia content that needs to be transmitted from remote sites back to central locations. It is key for satellite networking solutions to be able to handle these increasing data rates while having headroom for future growth.
Advanced VSAT is focused on throughput and service quality. It has the processing power needed to support your pps and Mbps transmission requirements for high data rate applications, high definition video and voice. It provides the service quality your users demand with low jitter and low latency so you can meet those stringent SLAs. It is also a fully managed system with the intelligence to enable dynamic allocation of bandwidth when and where it is needed.
- Services and Equipement for Advanced VSAT
- With ourSCPC (Single channel per carrier) Service Satellite bandwidth is dedicated to a single source.
- dSCPCprovides dynamic SCPC (dSCPC) bandwidth management of space segment
- Time division multiple access (TDMA)allows several users to share the same frequency channel by dividing the signal into different time slots.
- We offer high Quality VSAT Solutions
- Our Service can be used with Hardware from Comtech EF Dataand corresponding Services.
We are a german company who provides all services for satellite internet. Our goal is to connect remote locations with internet or your local network. We also provide internet for moving vehicles like ships, truck, trains or plains. Our main focus is Africa and the near East.
Alter Schlachthof 17
Phone: +49.173.699 09 74